Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Flags

There are an assembly of flags running the length of the riverfront here in Phnom Penh.

Last week, I was being quizzed about the identity of them. Seems that I am accepted as being wize beyond all others. Actually, I was also told that I was wrong a few times (so why ask me, huh?) coz they were obviously all alphabetically arranged. Actually, I pointed out, the Belgium flag was next top the Russia flag, so not that alphabetical, then.


However, there was one flag that I don't think I have ever seen before. Any guesses?

White, yellow and red horizontal stripes. It was between Sweden and Turkey, if that helps.

3 comments:

Shaun said...

well Rob, I think it Bulgaria, so definitely not alphabetical, if they are listed in english alphabetical order, they may well be alphabetical in the local language

http://www.flags.net/BULG.htm

Fat Roland said...

Bulgaria has a greener middle stripe, but nothing else is closer. I think they made it up. They created a whole country just to confuse you.

Rob (the ergonomist). said...

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Did you know that the Khmer word for "baton" sounds exactly the same as the word for "oyster"?